Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Review
Gosh, it feels like The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom will never get here. This wait is torture–hold on, you’re saying Tears of the Kingdom is out now? Oh wow. Holy crap. Uh…let’s start talking about the biggest game of 2023! (So far.) We brought in Tom Marks from IGN, who reviewed the game alongside Polygon’s Mike Mahardy. We have a pile of discourse about what Tears of the Kingdom does differently from its direct predecessor, Breath of the Wild, as well as what it does better…and worse. (Gasp!) Our talk is spoiler-free, so jump right in like a half-naked blonde guy leaping down into Hyrule from an impossible height.
Also in this episode:
- Rumblings of a new Nintendo handheld. We’ll probably see it in 2024, but when exactly?
- Dragon Age: Dreadwolf is likewise looking at a 2024 release
- Summer of Korra goes into episodes 4, 5, and 6. Long live pro-bending!
- If hearing bells out of nowhere means you’re losing your mind, what does hearing the Zelda theme out of nowhere entail…?
Music used in this episode:
- Do Your Best! [Breath of Fire III]
- The Legend of Korra Main Theme [The Legend of Korra]
- A Curious Tale [Secret of Mana]
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Main Theme [The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom]