Star Ocean: The Divine Force Review
This week on Axe of the Blood God, Digital Foundry’s John Linneman joins Kat, Nadia, and Eric for a detailed discussion about Star Ocean: The Divine Force. It’s been a Canis Major’s age since Square Enix did anything with Star Ocean, and the Blood God crew is ashamedly not up-to-date on the series. That’s why John is here. (Also, it’s because he’s cool). Is the new game everything Star Ocean fans have been waiting for? Find out.
Also in this episode:
- Don’t sleep on Harvestella, it’s pretty dang good
- Mass Effect 5 exists
- Mazeltov to Ash Ketchum for becoming the Galar Region champion with the aid of a Pokemon that’s too horrifying to exist
- Nadia made friends with some crows, then accidentally pissed them off with pistachios
In the Post Show
Alas, John is only able to join the Blood God crew for part of this week’s post show, but there’s still lots of slightly-unhinged opinions and discussion to be had.
Deep questions abound, including:
- What are some good B- or- C-tier RPGs that deserve a revival?
- Has Pokemon Arceus hurt the hype for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet?
- Will Kat ever give up her Squirrel Girl card in Marvel Snap?