Pantheon of the Blood God – Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
This is a story all about how Dracula’s castle got flipped, turned upside-down. So we’d like to take a minute, just please sit tight, and we’ll tell you all about the story of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Joining Kat and Nadia to talk about inarguably one of the most influential video games of all time are returning guest experts Shivam Bhatt, Anthony John Agnello, and John Learned. The panel roasts contemporary reviews that didn’t understand SotN’s brilliance, they reflect fondly on the late 90s, and they recognize that they’ve crossed into boomer territory. But is this moonlight nocturne a sweet enough song to take it’s place among the RPG greats? Find out on this must-listen episode of Pantheon of the Blood God!
We talk about:
- The joy of discovery
- The joy of breakability
- Find out what Tom Cruise and Alucard have in common!
- What IS an RPG? You’ll never guess what it’s a miserable pile of!
- 0:00 – Intro
- 2:50 – Our History with Symphony of the Night
- 30:40 – Development History
- 1:18:08- Reception and Legacy
- 1:27:28 – Is is Pantheon Worthy?
- 1:40:24 – Community Mail
- 1:42:24 – Verdict/Outro
Music Used in This Episode:
- Prayer – [Castlevania: Symphony of the Night]
- Wood Carving Partita – [Castlevania: Symphony of the Night]
- Lost Painting – [Castlevania: Symphony of the Night]
- The Tragic Prince – [Castlevania: Symphony of the Night]
- I Am The Wind – [Castlevania: Symphony of the Night]
- Heartthrob (From Tokimeki Memorial) – [Castlevania: The Arcade]