Microsoft is Forever Doomed to Fruitlessly Pursue Activision Blizzard
Hey Microsoft! How’s that Activision Blizzard deal coming along? …Oh. That bad, huh? Well, we’re sure everything will be fine.
Psst. That’s a lie. We actually brought Polygon’s own Nicole Carpenter to discuss the myriad ways this gargantuan acquisition attempt is going poorly for the Big M. And whatever’s bad for Microsoft is probably bad for a lot of western RPG studios.
Buck up. It’s not all doom and gloom. We also talk about:
- Honkai: Star Rail’s immediate success (Anime Chicks in Spaaaace!)
- Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes is getting a deserved Switch remake
- Goodbye Waypoint 🙁
- The Summer of Korra begins!
- How a remake of a historic Square Enix game can potentially teach you how to make napalm the way your grandma used to
Music used in this episode:
- Do Your Best! [Breath of Fire III]
- Xbox Series X start-up sound [Microsoft/Xbox]
- The Legend of Korra Main Theme [The Legend of Korra]
- A Curious Tale [Secret of Mana]
- Floating Continent [Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster]