Class Conscious: Thieves in RPGs
It’s another Class Conscious episode of Axe of the Blood God, and we’re going after the class that was elected “Most Likely to Steal your Heart and your Wallet” in high school: the Thief. Thieves have been part of the RPG landscape forever. These lithe, sticky-fingered tricksters excel at jacking stuff from enemies (and innocents) while avoiding traps and setting down a few of their own. Gosh, what a scummy bunch, right? Not exactly. Thieves do their secret work for myriad reasons, with myriad methods. We talk about all of it (along with special guest Lucas White), from the boomerang-flinging thieves of Dragon Quest to Final Fantasy VI’s roguish Locke Cole, who is totally not thinking about Rachel right now.
Also in this episode:
- Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster discourse
- Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp is out, and war is over
- Live A Live is coming to PC, PS4, and PS5 and you should play it
- The Pantheon Thunderdome is upon us! Who will survive the cull?
- The Legend of Zelda: A P.I. Had to Rescue This Manga
Music used in this episode:
- Do Your Best! [Breath of Fire III]
- Locke Cole’s Theme [Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster]
- Torn from the Heavens [Final Fantasy XIV]
- A Curious Tale [Secret of Mana]
- Forged in Crimson [Final Fantasy XIV]