Can Starfield Save Xbox’s Generation? And Does It Really Need Saving
Once upon a time, Microsoft opened up its mouth and swallowed the near entirety of the western RPG market. Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Fable–their home is on the Xbox now. That’s great, but we have to ask: Where are all these RPGs that are supposed to be dropping from your well-stocked loins, Microsoft? Starfield is finally secured for a release this year, yes, but we don’t have much information on what’s supposed to follow. Is the dream corroding from the inside? Kat, Nadia, and Eric talk all about what’s going wrong with the Xbox Series X/S’s RPG scene, and how it might be patched up.
Also in this episode:
- Nintendo’s banger of a Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom trailer
- FFXVI’s also-banger trailer of Clive going Eikon-on-Eikon
- This week’s Pantheon re-evaluation: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- The Worlds of power Nintendo books make reading fun and cool, kids! Honest! Oh God, just open a book. Please.
Music in this episode:
- Do Your Best! [Breath of Fire III]
- Xbox Series X start-up sound [Microsoft/Xbox]
- Torn from the Heavens [Final Fantasy XIV]
- A Curious Tale [Secret of Mana]
- Antique Cowboy [Ragnarok Online]