Are We Past the Golden Age of RPGs? Or Are We Living In It?
When you think of the “RPG Golden Age,” what comes to mind? The SNES, certainly–who can deny the brilliance of Chrono Trigger? (Except for Eric Van Allen, who has been banished to the Naughty Step to think about what he said.) But what if we’re living in the Golden Age of RPGs right here and right now? Between the Switch and PS4, RPG fans are feasting like never before. Special guest and valued Patron The Black Stones joins us this week as we weigh up both eras.
Also in this episode:
- Oh no, BioWare 🙁 Are you OK, bestie?
- Alcryst from Fire Emblem teaches us all to hate ourselves
- Pocket Card Jockey: Ride On brought us right back to the track
- Should Skies of Arcadia remain in the Pantheon?
- With apologies to Sesame Street